Vision #3: Exploring a New Harbor to Set Anchor
We will research and design a new project to invest and build meaningful relationships with young adults in their 20’s and 30’s.
What gifts do we already have for this?
- Physical resources (building and manse)
- Stable financial footing
- Members with a variety of vocational, life, and faith experiences
- An extended “family” for young adults as they discern their life–path
What might such an effort look like?
A Residential Vocational Discernment Program:
- Four to six young adults would spend a year living in community in our manse while working as interns in nonprofits or settings of their intended vocation. They commit to a curriculum implemented by our church that includes Biblical/theological reflection, discernment exercises, community dinners and mentoring from members in their fields of interest. These residents would also provide leadership and a core for Covenant’s own young adult events.
Where do we begin?
- Commissioning a team to spend 18 months in research and design for a Residential Vocational Discernment Program, studying similar models
- Studying about Christian vocation individually and as a congregation
- Completing a comprehensive feasibility study that considers our projected operating budget, impending capital repairs, and potential program costs
- Praying fervently and boldly